Social Media Community Manager – Golden Valley, MN
Inspire Medical Systems Inc. has an exciting opportunity to hire a Social Media Community Manager. Inspire Medical Systems Inc. is the only FDA-approved neurostimulation technology that transforms the lives of people with moderate to severe sleep apnea. The ideal candidate has strong experience across all social platforms, strong interpersonal skills with internal and external stakeholders and most importantly can communicate with empathy and care with our consumers. This is the perfect opportunity to join a purpose driven company and directly help to transform lives.
This position is responsible for managing multiple social media communities in alignment with outlined marketing objectives. This includes:
- Social Media Strategy: Develop, implement, and manage all social media communities
- Content Development + Posting: Manage editorial strategy that attracts and retains target audiences
- Social Listening: Stay up-to-date with industry trends in both social and digital spheres to uncover insights to positively influence our consumers
- Social Care + Engagement: Provide timely empathetic and informed responses to all social media messages and conversations
- Analytics + Reporting: Track, measure, and audit social media KPIs
In addition to Sales and Marketing, this position will interface with many Inspire functional areas as well as with external vendors (e.g. Advertising Agency of Record) in order to meet sales and marketing needs in accordance with applicable policies and procedures. This role must be flexible for changing priorities and able to work with reduced supervision.
This role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Develop, implement, and manage social media communities and strategies
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial strategy that attracts target consumers and in order to keep consumers engaged over their consumer journey.
- Work with brand and account teams to develop ideas and produce original content that can be utilized across multiple social media marketing channels.
- Partner with content experts in the business groups, sales regions and functions to identify opportunities for social media engagement, acquire and curate content, and manage the syndication of content to externally available social media channels.
- Identify ways to maximize and leverage social/content marketing in advertising, media relations, digital, direct, experiential and other forms of marketing.
- Ensure that content and the social ‘personality / voice’ of are consistent with the brand architecture
- Track, measure, and audit social media KPIs
- Analyze data to understand campaign effectiveness, improve spend effectiveness, etc. in order to make strategic changes to meet outlined business goals.
- Ability to empathetically communicate in a highly regulated industry.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends in both social and digital spheres; sharing insights with team members on a regular basis.
- Increase the social/content marketing acumen of Inspire by developing and implement social/content marketing training curriculum for new hire training.
- Assists in developing annual Marketing Plan and managing social/content budget, authorizes expenditures and tracks project costs to control expenses.
- Ensure grammatical quality and maintain strong copywriting skills, both informative and creative writing styles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or related communications field
- Stellar writing, editing and proofreading skills – writing samples required
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and research skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office software
- Maintains confidentiality with business relations, personnel matters, proprietary matters
- Well organized, strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good listener and ability to be very patient with our target consumers
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- 1-3+ work experience years in Marketing, Communications, Social Media-specific areas
- Experience with social media specific software (e.g. Spreadfast, Hootsuite, etc.)