Prior Authorization & Appeals Specialist – Minneapolis, MN
This position must provide expertise in the area of health economics. This person is responsible for implementing the Inspire Prior Authorization Program in the United States. This person will work with the Territory Managers and Health Economics Manager to ensure all coding and coverage questions are answered correctly and concisely.
- Required: None with at least 5 years of related work experience in reimbursement
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in reimbursement with a medical company.
- Knowledge of reimbursement compliance requirements and a maintaining a high level of personal integrity to promote a compliant reimbursement environment
- Ability to read, interpret and appropriately respond to payer requirements relating to prior authorization
- Ability to read, interpret and summarize clinical and cost literature
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- High attention to detail and strong team attitude
- Comfortable in a small, dynamic company environment with frequent changes in direction
- Willing to develop and implement new systems for implementing a Prior Authorization Program and tracking progress